PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Magazine
Thread: Pilot Magazine
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2002, 20:17
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this thread with some interest as I have read every isue of pilot since October 1977. Over the years, when the various competitors came out I read one or two copies but remained loyal to Pilot and felt that they were pale imitations.

Over the past few months I have have reached the opinion that Pilot is going downhill and that the changes are a downmarket attempt to emulate its rivals. Pilot is in danger of doing a new labour and losing its traditional readership in an attempt to attract a few readers from its rivals. However, unlike a political party, hitherto loyal readers may well desert to a rival magazine if they are getting the same product.

I liked Pilot as it was, that is why I have read it avidly for some 25 years and around the middle of every month would start getting twitchy for the next months fix. That twitch is now diminishing.

I had come to the above conclusions before seeing this thread and am glad to see that I am not the only one to feel this way. All I can add is come back James Gilbert, there is nothing to be forgiven for.