PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 09:00
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys there will be 204 aircraft during winter 2011 in easyjet and there will still be 204 aircraft during winter 2012. And I believe the fleet is only expected to grow to 215 frames in total.

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY FAST TRACK COMMANDS... if anything it will slow down.

Easyjet is getting a lot of criticism from the CAA for having a huge experience gap. At the moment in LGW the entire experience in the flightdeck is often only sub 4000 hours total! Yes that is captain and FO together.
And this happens to new captains 5 days in a row, accident waiting to happen?

Easyjet has to fill this experience gap, also BA has taken a lot of the more experienced cadets (1000hrs) so there could be a command problem in 3 years time. Although this is unlikely as the fleet growth will be minimal.
So I think they are looking to recruit guys who just unfroze their ATPL with around 1500 hrs under their belt. They just want to be sure there are enough bodies that they can upgrade if neccessary, that doesn't mean they will upgrade those bodies.

I wouldn't be surprised if this recruitment of DEFO is just to keep the CAA happy, and that easyjet would be happy to show the CAA they can't get any experienced FO's.

As for the economic crisis, it is very likely that the current BA recruitment has got everything to do with next years olympic games. What happens after that remains a mystery.....
And by now we all know how the legacy airlines were hurt in 2008...

Last edited by 737Jock; 6th Sep 2011 at 09:12.