PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 07:58
Captainkingkong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the comments that are posted on here about Jet2 are absolute drivel and tosh. If you are thinking of joining the company for goodness sakes do not listen to some of the bitter and twisted comments. Come to a pilot a recruitment day where you will hear the truth, no gilded lilly. I know as i have been to a couple. They will have F/O's and Captains from the line there for you to quiz. You will here comments starting with "Well its not perfect .....", there is no point in Jet 2 management telling you it is better than it is as that just leads to disappointment.

Some facts my understanding is that all F/O's on 70% contracts have so far had 100% percent contracts discussed with them by HR. The company is recruiting ! There is a healthy mix of military,Ab initio, Turbo Prop and current jet experience. The military do not get a choice of base, quick commands etc etc etc. If someone who has been a fast jet instructor joins us and sits in the right seat for 12-18 months to learn a new trade and has the sim check results and close to 3500-4000 hours and makes the grade on command assessment why shouldn't they get a command ?
From what i have seen all the militray types that have joined us in the last round have the right attitude, they are fitting in well and they know the score ie work hard, keep your head down, get the sim check results and a command will be sooner rather than later. The same set of criteria that applies to the turbo prop commands that join us in the RHS.

Now as for the future, its looking very exciting there is a lot of varied flying on the horizon. Yes this is pro Jet 2 as personally i enjoy working there and its the most balanced and varied airline flying i have ever had.

So do you listen to the Doom mongers and the ones on here who will tell you that you are being underpaid etc or do you come along to a recruitment day, listen to whats said to you ? Come and talk to the line pilots and make your own mind up. You may never be a millionaire working for Jet2 but it will never be dull and opportunities will come up to advance in other areas i reckon faster than any other airline. It depends what you want ? Number 600 on a seniority list waiting your turn or a Job in an expanding growing airline !!

Yes that is a positive post. Yes it will be attacked and picked apart by some. But all i say is make your own mind up and come along and have a look you may well be surprised !!!!