PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 09:16
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But if I remember right in 2008 it was BA talking about redundancies not Vueling or Ryanair!
That's exactly why it's so foolish to suddenly believe that BA says it will hire 200 pilots in 2012!

I'm far from a doomsday sayer, but one has to be realistic and look at the facts. There are lot's of 'models' and 'predictions' out there but in order to find the truth you have to look further than the main stream media. Just look at how the main stream media reports about an airplane crash and you will see why it's also naive to rely 100% on their reporting of economic and political matters. Besides, if the company I work for talks about "buying airplanes" then I believe it once those things are pained in the correct colour scheme delivered to our home base, and not before.

Anyway, in 2009 the US and UK governments spent massive amounts of money in order to keep the economies afloat. Money that they can no longer spend if the economy tanks again because of the mess inside the European Union. Again, don't believe that the US and UK will be spared by all this and that it's an isolated event. The US housing crisis had/has little to do with Europe, but we still felt the pain here.

So far the 200 hour cadets are the most vulnerable and the ones not 'fortunate' enough to join a low cost P2F program have been the big losers in this game, so the only thing I suggest is to take all the optimistic "hip hip hurray" numbers with a large grain of salt.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. We passed the eye of the hurricane during the relative calm of 2010, now we get the full brunt again. If a bank like Goldman Sachs advices to "batten down the hatches" perhaps it's time to take off those rose tinted glasses...

p.s. yes, I enjoy myself during nightstops, it even gives me the time and energy to read other stuff not so much related to aviation and it allows me to expand my horizon that way! It's highly recommended, may I suggest the same to you Sir/Madam?