PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 03:44
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 600
You've never experienced a rockwell collins IFE system then romulus.

That system would be the single cause of the greatest amount of stress I could imagine cabin crew face on aircraft with that ground breaking system.
Sure, it's a pain in the arse. Panasonic will be so much better etc. But that's not what the image represented.

Originally Posted by FBF
Sorry I missed the point completely. I don't speak marketingwanque.
It's pretty straight forward. People don't generally buy on fact, they buy on emotion. It's all around you in your chosen industry, the feel good factor of holidays, what it makes you feel like, how you will be refreshed etc as opposed to the facts that where you are going is just a tarted up part of an entirley normal country/city etc etc etc. Heck, it's why people choose Qantas instead of cheaper airlines that are just as safe, just as efficient etc. It's why the "Australian Icon" resounds so successfully with people.

Revisionism is a very powerful emotion, very few people look backwards with a genuinely critical view, we all remember the "good old days" which, in general, were more "normal" than "good". That's what the advert plays on, the feel good factor of what now seem like carefree days as kids when we didn't have to worry about job security, mortgages etc.