PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 19:00
Stone Cold II

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Well apparently EZY according to no RYR for me, is not a airline you want to retire in so everybody is leaving, speak for yourself. Yes we have lost lots of pilots, most though are cadets who have said they would love to stay but they are looking for a PERMANENT CONTRACT and will apply to anyone who is hiring full-time on correct salaries, I can't blame them for that since I would if I was in that position.

As to what airline one wishes to retire in is down purely to what they are looking for in life. If your young and live in the London area then naturally BA is best choice since it offers everything from long-haul to short-haul. For me i would be commuting to go to work and living out of a suitcase and not seeing family for days. I would soon get sick of it. Likewise long-haul doesn't appeal to me, yes I would like to give it a go for 6 months to a year just to say I have done it but it's not something I would give my command up for in EZY and I couldn't care less about what metal I'm flying (I forget there is more of the plane behind me).

In today's market you will work close to the amount that is legally possible regardless of airline at the moment I average around 750 a year in EZY. Some of my friends in long-haul are more tired than I am and tell me once you have been to the places a few times it looses it's appeal, same with any job.

I like EZY because I get to live where I want to be, fly new aircraft, good mixture of routes and get to fly with some great crews. The package is not the best but it's not the worst, I always describe it as competitive unless your a cadet of course.

It is obvious though the experience level in the company is dropping hence them looking to recruit type rated pilots with experience but if I was a turbo prop guy I wouldn't be too gutted, as many have pointed out EZY will have a hard time finding these people and if I was a betting man I would say they will open the doors to you guys. There is a lot of work so it seems going on behind the scenes to improve things so we shall just wait and see. You will always get people who moan regardless of where they work.

I do agree I think there is a possibility that terms will improve to attract people and let's be honest they will have to for people willing to jump ship. I haven't looked at BA's latest drive in terms of cadets but from what I have read that people have posted it is the same deal that EZY and CTC ran a couple of years ago.

As I have said it's a lifestyle choice, if your a family man who doesn't live in the London area and want to see your kids grow up then EZY in my opinion is a good choice with opportunities for a quick command, paid well and one of the safest for job security around (based on my old contract).

(Having read all that back I do ramble on a bit sorry)