PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing that first job in an Aviation Career
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 16:15
HomeJames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lufc,

It is advisable in this industry to form one's own opinion (read, do your own research) and not rely too much on others. This is especially so on a nameless, faceless forum where any poster, including myself could be a bus driver and drunkard in real life, but who has an awesome flight sim setup and who is a hub manager for 'Virgin Blue Online Airlines' (Please ignore the last two words). I have 2200 hours (On VATSIM) and have done at least a dozen approaches into the ole Kai Tak (On FS2004, you can see me on you tube, message me for the link).

For the record, I admit to being a drunkard, I deny ever being a bus driver or posting vids of FS2004 on you tube.

My only advice to you is to do as much googling as you can, get as much info as you can in real life and online. Never take anyone's opinion at face value, after all, it is your life and career at stake.

Now, where is the rest of that bottle of Chivas (Is Pruning and Drinking and offence in this nanny state yet? It took me close to half an hour to write this an proof read it).

Straight Home and Don't Spare the Horses.