PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OATS
Thread: OATS
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2001, 00:33
ornithopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I don't normally post, but do I read Prune a lot. I have been at Oxford recently and frankly I am appalled at the management there and the aircraft servicability. I must stress however, that the instructors are excellent. I really feel for them - and the engineers - having to work in such a difficult environment. Yes, there are problems at every school, but this is different. The aircraft are literally falling to bits and there is plenty of time sitting about on the ground. I cannot be too specific, as it will be obvious who I am, but it took me AGES to do a small bit of training - the instructors worked hard, but the ops guys and management always screwed it up. It is time the parent company found out and made some changes. I would be very dissappointed to see Oxford go, at it has been and will be world class, but at the moment it is not - unless they change things and make it better. I really hope they do, as it would be a crying shame to see it go.

If you want to see Oxford stay, MAKE IT BETTER or people will vote with their feet - enough said.

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: ornithopter ]