PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin & VIPA - pay rise
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 02:19
virginaldriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That might be the case spocky but come renewal time, I don't think many of the dual members would be renewing with both unions.. Based on general talk on the line most would choose VIPA.. Also is the AFAP perhaps counting those who have received 4 or 5 reminder notices but can't be bothered resigning as members still?

FMCinop.. acknowledging Mr Borghetti in a newsletter is not a sign of weakness. By acknowledging the good fortune in dealing with good management they are being honest and factual. Did the AFAP do this at any stage? I don't receive their correspondence so I wouldn't know. I think it's a good thing that they acknowledged Mr Borghetti.

Another thing I'd like to know is how much of the AFAP members money was spent on fighting VIPA in the courts and what could that money have done to improve the AFAP as a union? Do you have a figure? I was a member at the time and was not happy that this was occurring.

I highly doubt VIPA under it's current leadership would front the troops with a marginal agreement and say "you should vote yes, as it's the best you're going to get". No matter who was running Virgin. I'm sorry but THAT legacy has stuck with the AFAP, the only way it is going to change is with a fresh approach.. Best of luck!