PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OATS
Thread: OATS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 16:10
200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OATS

WWW,
I am responding to one of the comments you made in the OATS thread that you have just closed.

You suggested (I am not quoting) that you should expect to take second place to the block booked courses and that one should go to another FTO like PAT or Bristol for a good customer experience.

I had a long conversation with Oxford the other day and I asked the following Questions.

Q - Will I fly every day if the weather permits?
A - Yes though once every couple of weeks we might have an instructor go sick, so you may be unlucky for one day.

Q - How many students are there per instructor?
A - No more than 3

Q - Is it true that sponsored students have priority over modular students?
A - No, this has never been the case and never will be.

Q - How long will it take to complete CRL/IR?
A – 4-5 weeks CPL and 6-7 weeks IR, this is dependent on the met at time of training.

WWW, would you then be upset after having a very nice conversation with someone who appears to speak with conviction and truly gives you the impression that things will go well. If then things were not as advertised when you arrived for day one of flying training?

I am not going to spend my money at OATS on flying until I am convinced that the answers to the above questions are true.

I invite people from modular flying courses at oxford to answer the questions above, based on their own experiences.

(I am using OATS for modular ground training and I am very happy with the notes, instructors and high level of customer service)

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: 200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz ]