PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield departure times
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2011, 09:54
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daermon,

No matter how you feel towards your employer you shouldn't take it out on your customers. Us.

I regularly get utterly hacked off with my company. Incompetence, poor decision making, extended duties for nothing extra, screwing up my time off etc., etc., etc. But, I do not ignore the needs of my customers. I still try everything I can to ensure that my customers receive the service they expect, occasionally I even exceed their expectations!

I still have pride in what I do even in the face of adversity, at 3am, on the second of my extra two sectors, at the end of a sixteen hour day knowing that I will not be getting home for another five hours, eight hours into my day off, because I have to get a taxi back to my home airport and then drive home because I haven't been able to land at my home airport because it's now closed because of hours of delays but I am ensuring that my customers can get home. I could have said no, by the way.

It would be nice if, one day, I receive a service from Spanish ATC that exceeds my expectations. You really won't have to try that hard.

Now, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular except those people who demonstrate the same attitude as Akhorahill described.

I live in hope.