PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield departure times
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 13:57
Sonnendec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splitduty,

Here we go again. Everyone`s fault except Spanish ATC,
Didnt say that at all.

1) you quote ` lower standards than our British colleagues` - My point exactly, but what do YOU mean?
Well, after lots of posts both here and at the other thread about spanish atc, i thought you would have got that point already. Anyway you can read my last posts to see what i mean.

2) you quote `controllers didn`t have weather radar` - I don`t think the British controllers do either. But they are able to build a picture of what is happening from pilot reports. Could you not do likewise?
Well, itīs not only this, of course, but altogether that makes the controller unaware of a lot more things than you may think.

3) you quote `no info from management about CAT` - this I find incredible. Do you seriously go on duty with no idea of what the weather is? Can you not self brief? There are many Met sites even if management do not spoon feed you the info! Don`t the pilot reports alert you to the weather around? Do you think at all?
I do think, thank you. We could get to those met sites if we had internet at work, which they took away. And we do self-brief, but as i told you before, itīs the whole picture that makes the work difficult, not just one thing. If you put all the issues that we have to deal with every time we sit infront of the scope together, you will get a confused controller, not an efficient one.

4) you quote `overloaded sectors` - this one I might have some sympathy for you. I know pilots cannot judge a controller`s workload from RTF loading. However, it does give some indication! I can assure you the London controller`s frequency was much, much busier than the Spanish ones. Ask any pilot.
What day was that? just look at the everydayīs eurocontrol NOP and compare Madrid FIR with London FIR, so you wonīt have to ask the pilots.

5) you quote `25 minutes roster change` - was this a problem when you were all earning massive amounts of money earning overtime?
Of course not, because we didnīt do that absurdity. Itīs completely crazy to change every 25 minutes, doesnt matter if they pay you 1 euro or 1 million.

6) you quote `no professional training at all` - MY POINT EXACTLY.
And mine too. We agree. Both happy.

I repeat - do you still think you provide a good ATC sevice?
It seems that you havenīt read ANY of my posts.

Best regards.