PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield departure times
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2011, 10:28
splitduty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SONNENDEC,
Here we go again. Everyone`s fault except Spanish ATC,
Lets look at your points one by one and see if they make sense :-
1) you quote ` lower standards than our British colleagues` - My point exactly, but what do YOU mean?
2) you quote `controllers didn`t have weather radar` - I don`t think the British controllers do either. But they are able to build a picture of what is happening from pilot reports. Could you not do likewise?
3) you quote `no info from management about CAT` - this I find incredible. Do you seriously go on duty with no idea of what the weather is? Can you not self brief? There are many Met sites even if management do not spoon feed you the info! Don`t the pilot reports alert you to the weather around? Do you think at all?
4) you quote `overloaded sectors` - this one I might have some sympathy for you. I know pilots cannot judge a controller`s workload from RTF loading. However, it does give some indication! I can assure you the London controller`s frequency was much, much busier than the Spanish ones. Ask any pilot.
5) you quote `25 minutes roster change` - was this a problem when you were all earning massive amounts of money earning overtime?
6) you quote `no professional training at all` - MY POINT EXACTLY.

I repeat - do you still think you provide a good ATC sevice?