PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Aerobatics Rating
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2011, 12:30
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes we have. AOPA, BAeA, BGA and LAA have been working with the CAA on this and one of the first items we discussed was 'grandfather rights' for those with evidence of having received aerobatic instruction or for FIs who've already had the 'no aerobatic instruction' removed from their FI Rating.
Thanks BEagle. It was actually your recent article in Flyer that got me thinking about this

Any idea how much aeros experience will be required to get grandfather rights? If I did my hour with an instructor for revalidating my SEP class rating, learning something about aeros, do you think that would be enough to get grandfather rights?

Do we know if the aeros rating will require revalidation? I presume it will, given that it's a rating and not a qualification.

Having said that, it might all be a little pointless, as the requirements to get the rating shown above, seem pretty much what I'd need to do to be competent anyway, so getting grandfather rights might be somewhat pointless, and saves nothing.

dp