PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2011, 16:08
madflyer26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan,

The most balanced and objective post on this topic for quite some time.

It is in black and White and ratified by the CAA what you can and can't do with Mogas. The council have messed this one up by listening to TLC. TLC should do more research into the matter as the legislation is easily found on the Internet.

The council put a system in place for the use of Mogas and it works fine and still does, so now they have to explain to the CAA why the change of heart and then and only then can if be reflected in the aerodrome users manual.

In terms of non conformity the council have already stated that there is no penalty as of yet for non conformity so why even bring this moronic rule in to play. It is simply not workable and no users of Mogas at Oban is going to stop using it. If the insurers or the CAA condemn the use of Mogas then that is a different issue. If the council really think they have a duty of care the the refuelling of Mogas at every council run airport must stop.

After checking the lease of my club it is clear that there is no sort of prohibition for fuelling aircraft so I urge any aircraft visiting Oban to come to the gliding club and we will provide transport for you to get Mogas as the current vendor can't supply it.

Dan Design is cosily nested in the TLC camp and is hardly objective in her views. TLC have done well exploiting the council and we the disgruntled users thank them for giving us the tools to beat them at their own game.

We have also at my organisation purchased a 1500 litre bowser and are working on bridging the Market at Oban.

In the mean time do come to Oban if the Mogas powered aircraft require fuel we will sort it.

Regards

Kevin Maccuish

Last edited by madflyer26; 28th Aug 2011 at 17:08.