PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield departure times
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 03:22
aldegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a radar ATCO. The rules have changed many times lately and I'm tired of rereading all the changes so I tend to overlook the aerodrome parts and focus on what I really need to know (APP and en route), so I won't answer your question.

However, so that you get an idea of AENA's attitude, when I came to work last monday there was a new sheet of paper in the APP position titled "Report of non-compliance with the SID procedures of Spain's AIP for LExx". It must be filled EVERY time an aircraft doesn't fly the full SID and at the end of the day it must be attached to the superviser's daily report folder.
We must write the time, call sign, reason (only four possible reasons to select: traffic separation, meteorology, navaids calibration and air works, no option for the "we're running a bit late, any direct available?") and comments.

So I wouldn't be surprised if my twr colleagues are also being forced to fill a similar paper everytime an aircraft doesnt comply with the exact departure time or CTOT.

So yes, we are working to rule... forced by the company to do so and being called to the office if we don't.