PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 23:52
standard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oicur, standing on a picket lines, yelling chants and holding banners is not the only type of industrial tool available these days.

AIPA in my opinion are taking a carefully planned and tactful approach to PIA. Remember that there are multiple unions involved now who are seeking to stop the changes proposed to QF.

At this stage the PA's, Billboards and Ties are merely a tool to educate and inform the public. On all indications this appears to be working. The public, particularly anyone who travels or reads a newspaper, know that 'something' is going on at Qantas. Now its up to the unions to let them know what this is.

If the pilots just walk out on day 1, what are the public going to think? whats this all about?, why are these pilots striking?, aren't they paid a fortune?

Now, when they do start to get disruptions they know why!, they know that the management have had ample opportunities to knock this on the head, and cause minimal to no disruption to the passengers.

I understand that the Qantas Pilots website has been inundated with views and petition sign ups... have you?

This campaign is about more than Qantas pilots, it will set a precedent world wide and most importantly in Australia of what a group of people can achieve collectively, and most importantly send a clear message to the CEO's of Australian companies that, no Australian will support the loss of 1 single job overseas.

I hope this clears up, or perhaps offers you with another perspective on the industrial crisis at Qantas. Hopefully you will support your fellow Aussie pilots and engineers in this campaign