PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 05:54
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlphaLord
Trivia drift~ The thread topic is......?
Yes & No, I see your point, but it is all relevant considering AJ announced (reconfirmed yesterday 24th) he was making 1000 Aussies redundant from an 90 year old well established airline to venture off to Asia, somewhere, and start a new Australian airline V4, which may or may not carry the name Qantas.

I think what DrPepz is saying, even the Asians have trouble dealing with Asians but AJ thinks it's all going to be OK.. He may come a cropper making this decision. Meanwhile, 1000 Australians and their families become displaced, probably many of them (with great talent which took years to develop) forced out of the industry forever. Is that not a waste of fine Australian talent, again? If Qantas gets away with this, there will be an avalanche of off-shoring in other sectors suddenly, dragging our country down to the levels the UK is in now.

It's not a new thing, and it's all been done before, remember what happened to BA & Go Fly 10 years ago, no off-shoring was involved then, but it never got that far, Rod Eddington stopped it and sold off GO Fly before it destroyed BA .

Big call LC & AJ, but I suppose lemmings never learn.