PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 00:30
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes but what happened on AUG 24 that was so monumental?
Good point, it appears whatever Q have up their sleeve, is not finalised... or they are waiting for other factors to come into play..... new investors possibly?

I find these posts from DrPepz (#680 685 & 689) very interesting, it is very possible the Jetstar setup in SIN will be seen as a Singapore identity only, it could unravel if Q apply too much pressure with the setup of yet another Qantas entity (Premium airline) as the skies are crowded in this neck of the woods, on paper anyway...

Last week AJ was quite certain that his new A380-esque A320 premium carrier would be based in SIN or KUL.

Today he suggests that negotiations haven't even begun.

Anyway, QF has not even approached, informally, any authority in Singapore on the setting up of his new carrier.

Thanks to him announcing years in advance he wanted to fly longhaul Europe routes ex SIN, SQ now says they are going to start their new carrier.

With SQ's new carrier, Singapore will have 5 home-based airlines with a SIngapore AOC.

CAAS is now deliberating if Singapore has space for a 6th home based carrier - which is quite ridiculous for a tiny island of 5 mil people - and if it will be beneficial for Singapore's air services development (instead of killing everyone simultaneously)

If AJ shut his silly mouth, SQ wouldn't have thought of starting their own longhaul LCC and CAAS would have presented him an AOC on a silver platter.

It looks like he is missed the boat. Malaysia doesn't want him, Vietnam has screwed him, and I doubt he has the appetite to even begin dealing with Indonesia. Maybe Laos might take him, or East Timor.

this

It seems that QF is consolidating 3K's accounts into Group accounts despite owning just 49%. I know that this is possible under IFRS - which indicates that 3K is run as a subsidiary and not purely as an associate company.

In theory this means that 3rd countries (outside Singapore and Australia) can potentially challenge the fact that 3K is a majority Singaporean owned and controlled carrier.
and this,

Sq tried to enter australia twice, and got burnt twice. I think the whole AN saga cost them 400m dollars. Doubt sq can repay a favour this big to qf!
All this setup talk of a new premium carrier in Asia appears confusing at this stage, nothing seems clear at all....

Last edited by TIMA9X; 25th Aug 2011 at 00:40.