PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Accident rate discussion
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 11:07
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would appreciate continuing recommendations as to the text used in the following (more detailed) table, in particular colums e, f and g. If you have more appropriate (but sensible) suggestions, please let me know.

FIRST DRAFT

Notes:

1. This Table is not intended to replace or substitute factual accident reports. It is instead a ‘quick reference’ resource for those wishing to obtain a ‘snapshot’ of AW 139 accidents to-date.

2. This Table is compiled for the convenience of members of the Rotorheads community who subscribe to the professional aviation forum PPRuNe.

3. Columns 'e', ‘f’ and ‘g’ have been composed with the assistance from members from the Rotorheads community and are a product of the recommendations and suggestions tendere

Squibb66 wrote: It would be great if it had a hyperlink to the investigation reports available.
Indeed, but, there are precious few reports available (that I can find). Of the nine AW139 accidents seven of them seem to have occurred within the past 18 months or so. The only report I can locate is an 'Interim Statement' from the Spanish authorities relating to the Inaer operated ship.

In the meantime I have drawn-up a list of the accident threads on Rotorheads:

1. UAE 2 JUN 2008: PPRuNe Thread

2. QATAR 25 AUG 2009: PPRuNe Thread

3. SPAIN 21 JAN 2010: PPRuNe Thread / Interim Statement

4. HONG KONG 3 JUL 2010: PPRuNe Thread

5. SOUTH KOREA 23 FEB 2011: PPRuNe Thread

6. QATAR 2 MAY 2011: PPRuNe Thread

7. MALAYSIA 30 JUN 2011: PPRuNe Thread

8. CHINA 17 AUG 2011: PPRuNe Thread

9. BRASIL 19 AUG 2011: PPRuNe Thread