PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyLease Cargo
Thread: SkyLease Cargo
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 02:55
MotoMoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKYLEASE a PLACE FOR DESPERATE PEOPLE

I have 2 friends flying for Skylease at the moment, they are both gringos and do not belong to the mafia. From what I hear, there are two separate "gangs" in this airline, the gringos and the Latinos, pretty much dominated by Venzuelan pilots from that VIACSA airline.

From what I have been told, maintenance is a BIG issue in that place. Pilots are flying with many DMI's and most of the maintenance is penciled in as previously said.

This is just a place to go in, fly some hours on the MD-11, build the time you need and move on. Pilots are leaving left and right and management doesn't even care. I was told that they own the flight simulator for the MD-11 at Boeing in Miami, for this reason, they can train and train all they want. They do have THE WORST contract in the industry. FOs make 55 dollars and hour and pretty much don't have any other benefit. They have a 2 year contract for training for somewhere in the $15K-$20K figure, but anyone who has left the company has not paid out a dime back to the company.

I have not heard anything good from this airline and time will only tell to see what happens with the pilot group, but management has to do something about it or else they will have to park their MD-11 (which by the way, the currently have 4 or 5). Like it has been previously said, only consider this place if you are very low time, need experience, or are not current and want to get back into flying.

MotoMoto

Last edited by MotoMoto; 24th Aug 2011 at 02:57. Reason: spelling