PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 100 years of British women in aviation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 14:57
Wide-Body

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would have liked to have come, think its wrong that the landing fee is waved only if a female is onboard, so I wont be coming.

Imagine if it was the other way round, why not celebrate the 100 year of the first male issued PPL.
So we have some folks wanting to do some good and putting something in to aviation. Funny enough they are the same group of people that this year will be ensuring three young people will get sponsorship. People who organised a 100 years of total flight day. The same club that raises thousands of pounds every year for the local air ambulance, through its members flying efforts.

The ladies on Monday are doing good, they are promoting aviation in a positive light.

We we have seen the reaction to the "whats in it for me brigade" fairly quickly (or should I call it the riot scum posse).

I tell you what finger flyer if you come I will pay double your landing fee and donate it to the Rick Gifford Flying high scholarship fund. This is a fund set up to teach a disadvantaged young person to fly.

Rick Gifford was our DCFI who was taken by cancer this month..

If anyone would like to donate to the fund please let me know.