PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR. What is the deal?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2011, 09:20
usualguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
porthabouflyer,

I understand you, I am in the same boat as you.
I was a flight instructor in different schools, bad paid, bad schools,...corrupt managment.
Then the low cost airlines, bad paid.
Airline down, bought by another airline, bad politic, people moaning 24h.
I finished with nothing kicked out on the street ( at least no debt), and I know whatever I take these days, flight instructor or airline again, I am good to pay and I will be broke if I am not cautious.
This job will hit us hard, at any stage.
Guys hired at jet2 can find themself out of work anytime.

Fail a sim, fail your medical, fail OPC, get sick, be late, and the managment will show you the door without pity. We worth nothing, they can exchange us like a can of beer!
This profession is like walking on a line over a river.Most guys will fall only the best will go to the other side.After several years in this profession, I know there is no futur for the majority of us and it's not going to be better.

You can still be lucky and get a job tomorrow but wait for the next turn! it's still nice to fly, and you can have a lot of fun, but in my point of views, it doesn't worth the time and the money lost.
P2F not worths, only desperate chaps will join these P2F schemes, and they will have to swim again.