PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 22:32
mikk_13

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does the boss at Q really think he is going to walk into China. I mean look at the size of some of the chinese players.

China Southern- 422acft
China eastern- 266acft
hainan- 112
Air china- 260

I'm sure the communist party is going to let skippy walk strait in. Good thing they will find plenty of buyers for the 100 or so A320s that will soon be for sale.

I always wonder if there is somewhere else they could stop on the way to europe so they could fly with smaller equipment. Surely a HGW A330 could get from BKK to at least EDDB, Moscow, Ams. Air berlin fly EDDL to Bkk and I am sure they fly with quite dense seating. So why the hell does Q not Get a flight to Berlin a few times a week. I mean there are heaps of destinations that I am sure you could make work.

Any why would Air berlin be a good choice for an alliance member for Q. Not having a dig, but they are like the Virgin Blue of germany. Maybe AJ is going to code share from bkk to dus with them, I'm sure the punters will love paying $2500return to have to buy food on the plane, and the suits will love the Lie flat seating on the A330 (they don't have any on AB) yet they paid more than singa.

Why is Singa the Q base anyhow. I would have thought that there would be more direct traffic to bkk than sin. And it would also put you in range to more places in europe (berlin, Moscow, Copenhagen, AMS). ALso, Bkk has a much nicer airport than SING. If I were JB, bkk would be where i would be looking to get stuck into the Roo route.