PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in the U.S.A.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2002, 18:15
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 203 Likes on 72 Posts
1) I don't mindlessly slag off basic training in the US. I have recommended it to dozens of people who email me. It has been a tried and trusted route for many many people, some of them the people behind this BB! I *have* over the years listed the Cons of going stateside. Thats important because a lot of Wannabes see the sticker price only and don't know any of the pitfalls or hazards.

2) GoneWest - you are protecting your own commercial interests. I think you should consider that this forum has given more publicity and clarity into how to go about training in the US than any other medium I can think of. The pros, the cons, the insider tips and true life stories. The dirty laundry the tales of success and adventures. All have been aired on this forum over the years at great length.

3) I am sure that people from the UK CAN train in the US with the appropriate Visas and diligence. But the fact remains some people have cocked this up, the situation has been fluid and confusing and some schools have simply stopped offering training to non-US citizens. Stating this is not the "bash" US flight training. Its just stating the obvious.

Cheers