PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 10:24
melmel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience.

As I have used this forum for the last few months and have used the information given, I feel it is only fair to tell you all my experience.

I applied in the UK and was shortlisted for an AD however unfortunately I was moving to Singapore a day or so after and wasn't able to attend. I sent an email to recruitment telling them my reasons, they said I could attend another AD in Singapore when they got there.

I did have to wait for a few months for one in Singapore but an OD came up in July which I attended. So the rumour of Asian girls not being hired is completely untrue... I am however Australian...

Also for people who travel a word of caution, the OD was on the 10th but the FI was not until the 30th of July and many people had to travel twice!!

I'm not going to put up particulars about specific questions in the interview as it has been covered so many times on this forum.

Best piece of advice that I can give everyone is follow the instructions they give you. There have been questions such as ' can I take this picture or that picture'..No, you can't, and you look unprepared. Take exactly what they tell you.

Also make friends with people that are there. The people in your FI are a great source of information and understand EXACTLY what you have been through as they did it too.
By making friends you can get to know each other on a different level and this makes the process easier.

So I received my call yesterday after 2.5 weeks waiting so far out of 14 girls 1 guy 8 of us have received the call...there still is 3 weeks left for the others.

So again through meeting many people not just one or two, I now know who has the same date of joining as me, which is fantastic. There are 4 girls out of my group that are leaving Singapore on the same day as me (7th November)

So on to my medicals... I am not looking forward to the vaccinations *ouch*..

P.S. I hope I have been of some help

Last edited by melmel; 23rd Aug 2011 at 04:15.