PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 02:18
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJ sure is one smart cookie. Not !

KGB: Alan Joyce | Kohler, Gottliebsen, Bartholomeusz | Interview | Business Spectator

Robert Gottliebsen: Alan, I ran into an international airline CEO just the other day and I asked him what he thought of your strategies and he said you’re making three mistakes. First, with Jetstar, he said you are not allocating your capital costs correctly because it’s spinning, it’s coming off the back of a Qantas big ordering. Secondly, he said you’re not factoring in the enormous benefit that local airlines get from the feeder, from the overseas; that you can’t just look at overseas airlines on its own, you’ve got look at the totality. And thirdly, his advice was never take on the pilots.

AJ: Well first of all, on the Jetstar comment, I think there have been a lot of conspiracy theories around from a number of different people that we’re not representing the true performance of Jetstar. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have an obligation, and the board has an obligation, to make sure that we’re disclosing appropriate results and not misleading the market in any way. We also have our auditors who have looked and continue to look at our books and have their obligations. So we’re very comfortable with the reporting that we’re making of the various segments.