PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 01:10
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People talk about "one voice" and the need for "Board unity" but it is difficult to reconcile the Generals well espoused views with the current situation UNLESS he was one of the ones to walk from that Board meeting. It is about personal integrity and given his long career I would not have thought some pittance of a directors fee would equal a lifetime of integrity building.
Sorry, I disagree. I am a very big fan of the General's past, make no mistake. But firstly, there is no 'pittance' director's fee's'. There is a large financial nest they have access to, in several ways, and I assure you that none perform the role out of love or duty. As for allegations of people walking out of the board meeting, that receives little respect from me. Resignation from the board will re-install my faith in the General. And as for other comments I too agree that running the armed forces is not the same as running an airlines finances. Nonetheless some facts remain consistent within corporations or government departments - the board makes the decisions which are then delivered by a footstool CEO. The entire board are responsible for the actions undertaken at QF, so yes, all board members should be well scrutinized by the share holder, public, and media.

The only 2 members of QF in recent years to have a measure of worth or decency, or even a brain were Borghetti and Storie, both of whom bailed the S.S Qantas. They could foresee that there were icebergs on the horizon, unlike the other tools who have sailed the ship straight into iceberg central.

Abandon ship, abandon ship, whoop whoop, grab your life jackets, executives and nupty's last, abandon ship anbandon ship, whoop whoop...

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 19th Aug 2011 at 02:19.