PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 23:56
ohallen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEFCON you are correct of course, but also don't forget the others on the Board who have allowed this process to evolve, they have either been compliant or complicit and either way they are culpable.

Lets us hope that their involvement in these disgraceful events follows them wherever they next sit at the table and absorb the corporate largesse.

How would you like to sit next to any of them at a progressive and responsible corporate entity and wonder what they are thinking or planning to do next? The word contagion comes to mind.

It is far too much a stretch of the imagination that they will ever personally reflect on their roles and accept some responsibility unless they are dragged into Court and held accountable.

Make no mistake they would have been advised of the strategy, the way it was to be engineered and the actual financial performance and there are only so many times they can say "I don't recall" before their own credibility will be brought into question.

I suspect this game is nearly over (sadly) as all have been suckered into a phoney dispute which has concealed the true agenda which was suspected but is now out there for all to see.

Many families have and will be affected by all of this but how the hell are they ever going to manage this company going forward|? They may have got rid of 1,000 (if that is the true number which I doubt) but don't forget there are some 34,000 who will remain for the short term, probably 30,000 who are not managers, all of whom will now operate in an environment of venom and mistrust and likely most will wage their own "war of one" in their own subtle way.

I cannot fathom this having a nice ending for anyone.