PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in the U.S.A.
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2002, 11:34
GoneWest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is??

How many of the PPL level schools in the UK have had their staff vetted for experience and currency of ratings and medicals; have had their financial stability and background checked into; have had to supply a list of airfields that are to be visited (or not visited) during a PPL course; have had each individual aircraft inspected by a CAA inspector; have had to have pilot order books, flying orders and flight training manuals inspected; have had to show proof of following a particular training syllabus; have had their offices and classrooms inspected; have had their toilets inspected; have had their maintenance records inspected....the list goes on.....and it repeats every year.

Don't get me wrong here - I think it is a good thing, indeed a very good thing (even though the annual bill for inspections and approval is around £2,000)......but, over the years, I have visited possibly 90% of the schools outside the M25 circle and there were many that would not have passed the inspections that the JAA schools in the USA have to comply with.