PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 17:40
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is BA just holding the handbag for a moment (SIN & BKK - LHR) and will the dance resume once J*asia is fully identified as QF?
Yeah, BA left holding the handbag alright, until AJ gets a brainstorm and schedules a J* 744 flight for an early morning arrival in SIN. AJ would sell it as "a convenient connection for passengers," they would have all day to collect their bags to recheck-in for that evenings BA flight to LHR. Of course there would be an option (say, The Starbag option) for all J* passengers, $100 per bag and they will be automatically be transferred for you including a bonus muffin per bag checked in. (for me, that's AJ's mentatality)

Seriously, Willie Walsh at BA Willie Walsh (Irish businessman) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia must be thinking (like Kerry Packer did with Alan Bond once), you only get one "Alan Joyce in your business life" After all these years Qantas spent flying the famous Kangaroo route they are going to hand half of it over to us! Some have said on here that it is not good to be emotional when making business decisions. I say in this case, it's hard not to be emotional with what AJ announced last Tuesday, it p*ssed me off!

What is the Qantas board thinking? They are allowing this Irish numbskull (with no apparent people skills) to wreak havoc with the Qantas brand that many of you on here have dedicated your life to keep this once iconic brand alive and well, considering all the unnecessary stress these current managers have heaped upon you all because they made poor decisions that they will not own up to! In airline terms Qantas has been badly managed for the past ten years because it did not invest in the right equipment, (poor capital management) but only last Tuesday night on the 7.30 report AJ could only bang on about upgrading lounges in LAX SIN etc. What's the point if the passengers have to endure traveling on tired equipment between upgraded airport lounges which only a fifth of the passengers flown use at best!

Ok, I don't work for Qantas but know a few people who do and I come from a strong aviation family so I suppose I am an outsider on here, but hell I support you all, It does my head in to see what these managers are doing to you, by making 1000 people redundant is effectively displacing 4000 family members in one foul swoop.

I know what that is like, I was living in Thailand when virtually over night the political situation turned for the worst and I had to get out. With my young family (suddenly my and the wife's jobs had disappeared over night) we boarded QF 2 for Australia after 17 years living out of Oz. I was surprised that day how the old QF I knew for over 30 years just wasn't the same. Something wasn't quite right. After the meal service when everything settled down I got talking to a FA. To cut a long story short it took about 30 seconds before he mentioned that name, Alan Joyce, which has haunted me ever since I have been back in Australia.

Forgive me for sharing this with you all, but I felt it was time for me to let out my reasons why I have probably spent too much time on pprune the past nine months. It is because the staff at Qantas have done nothing wrong, it is the management who are wrong. My mates who help me with the videos, music etc all believe in one thing, we don't want to see good families displaced because of poor management decisions.

Telling the truth appears to be foreign to this CEO who resides at Q, not for me.

Rant over, stay strong guys

Last edited by TIMA9X; 19th Aug 2011 at 00:33.