PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 03:46
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mandrake the magician

Interesting to read that 255,280 Performance Rights to Shares for the benefit of Alan Joyce expired worthless on 8 July 2011 due to performance hurdles not being met.
Chicken feed. It's only a couple of hundred thousand bucks, and is mere collateral damage. Branson is no different. Between VB's launch and post float, he creamed $960 mil in under 5 years, most came off the back of AN's demise and Branson flogging his stake in an airline that came virtually free of charge. Branson has always kept a minor share, supposedly so as to show others 'hey, it is a valuable investment, see, I own part of it and I wouldnt do that if it were a lemon' ! All smoke and mirrors.
Back to the Leprechaun - his total take so far since joining the Roo is rumoured to be 20+ mil, so to sacrifice a few hundred thousand in crap shares is chump change. Besides, he can always add in a new form of KPI bonus, become director of another entity or start up operation of another QF branch, arm, leasing company, service provider or some other sneaky project...

AJ should read this however;
Qantas gets an earful from travel agent over failings | Plane Talking