PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 03:17
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Kangaroo Route

The Kangaroo Route was first flown by Qantas on 1 December 1947. A Lockheed Constellation ferried 29 passengers and 11 crew from Sydney to London, with stopovers in Darwin, Singapore, Calcutta (Kolkata), Karachi, Cairo and Tripoli (passengers would stay overnight in Singapore and Cairo). A return fare was £585, equivalent to 130 weeks average pay. Qantas changed the routing to variably include other interline stops, including Frankfurt, Zürich, Athens, Belgrade, Rome, Beirut, Tehran, Bombay and Colombo.
64 years of tradition wiped out by an innarticulate, bogan, Low Cost Card Carrying, non-Australian.

The Qantas Board, are you happy with the destruction of a once great airline? A pioneer of long haul flying? Now to be an off-shored employer of slave labour, a head office of convenience in Sydney administered by 'people' unable to innovate, adapt and to grow a product. The only answers you have are to slash and burn, cost cut and to destroy an iconic brand. A brand that most companies would kill for.

You are a disgrace the lot of you, no ethics, no values, no morals.

Greedy thieves, feathering your own nests at the expense of good hard working people. The caretakers of a brand, passed on from generation to generation.

I trusted you to deliver my child, an un-accompanied minor from the other side of the world. (And I might add, I was happy to pay a premium) It meant a lot to me to have my girl looked after by Australians, very experienced Australians, the best in the world.

Now..............? You can stick you 'vision.' The way of the future is it? Anybody can cost cut you fools. I have real empathy for the people & industry you are about to destroy.

Last edited by Jack Ranga; 18th Aug 2011 at 04:20.