PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 08:19
pwalhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the following extracts from previous posts:

1. In relation to operations from the regions:

There isn't a market for them to run daily (which is what you need) from Manchester to Dubai or Singapore, as that would be just point to point for them. Quite different for those who are hubbed at those places, and can offer good high frequency. A small proportion get off there, the majority connect on to myriad other destinations.

2. Regarding the JSA with QF:

Under the restructured JSA, from early 2012 Qantas will fly Australia-Bangkok and Australia-Hong Kong, while British Airways will operate Bangkok-London and Hong Kong-London, maximising the airlines’ respective network strengths. British Airways will increase the frequency of London-Hong Kong services from 14 per week to 17 per week

I know I am opening myself up to ridicule from some, but given it is a stated fact 135,000 people fly annually from Manchester to Hong Kong ( I myself regularly being one of them) and the fact that the Middle East Carriers and SQ are mopping up a lot of Kangaroo route traffic from the regions. Is it not possible to put a business case for a Manchester to Hong Kong route which would carry both point to point traffic and connecting traffic to QF.