PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 02:24
shakta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, let's look at this a bit more without some of the Qantas Management and AJ bashing....

Qantas may be losing a lot of money internationally and without all the figures that we don't have access to, it would be hard to make reasonable and correct comments.

I would prefer to still fly and see a Qantas Aircraft rather than see it die.. I know from years ago that after being overseas for a prolonged period to see the Qantas Aircraft in Asia that I wasn't far from home. Now in a short while that aircraft may have different crew or base (and I am not endorsing or agreeing to overseas crews or crew losing their jobs) but it will still be Qantas....

In regards to Qantas getting 777s or other aircraft, they will be getting 787s in the next few years and they probably did miss the boat with getting the aircraft at the right time, but why have another different aircraft type that will require spare parts, simulators, crews and engineers rated on that aircraft.

Hey no offence, but maybe they should get some A320s for Qantas as well and then they can be like Ansett and have:
A320s and 737s
767s, 777s, 787s, A330s,
747s and A380s

I am Australian, I am proud of Qantas and obviously the Board have not taken these decisions lightly.