PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 01:52
vitamin B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re BA ex BKK

As a frequent traveller on the BKK/SYD route some years ago, I used to really get p!$$&d off at attempts to book on QF1 and QF2 only to have it suggested I book on QF 301 and QF 302 which was the code share flight operated by BA.
Their 747's were even worse than the clapped out QF 747s and it was impossible to get more than 2 beers on the sector let alone a cold one. I also used to have run the gauntlet of the 0600 arrival into SYD, the endless queues at immigration and longer ones at Customs prior to getting a flight up to BNE. Now punters on the SYD/LHR flights will all be shunted off onto BA if they transit BKK.

Thankfully TG commenced operations BNE/BKK/BNE and I switched over to TG as carrier of preference. Modern 777/200 or 777/300 series with a choice of up to FOUR main course meals in business class. Never once was a requested main course not provided - unlike QF "J" class - take it or leave it.

No wonder QF International is in deepest ****e given the reduction in sectors flown by QF aircraft and flown by QF pilots.

As a frequent reader of the ongoings by this Oirish Leperacoon, best wishes to the QF LAMES and flight crew in the ongoing battle with management.

(I am not in anyway whatsoever associated with the aviation industry - only a SLF currently flying a minimum of 2 sectors/week within Oz)

vitamin B