PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 00:09
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish, I agree with many things you have said on this forum, particularly your views on the woes afflicting Qantas Management (which we would both agree are almost entirely of their own doing). I've also never been especially fond of the SLF term, although I do realise that it's more of a nickname than a calculated attempt to be highly derogatory, though it could be seen as either depending on your mood (many nicknames fit into this category).

However the vast majority of QF pilots I've worked with are just decent blokes. At one end of the scale there are a few complete tossers and everyone else knows who they are. On the other end of the scale there are some deadset sincere legends who everybody loves to fly with. Most are just somewhere in between & going about their business.

I might add that in recent weeks I have seen a number of pilots and other crew members go totally out of their way to help passengers when they need it, for which the pax have been extremely grateful. On most of those occasions the screwup was entirely the result of the dysfunctional, under-staffed, and under-resourced corporate entity that Qantas appears to have become under Dixon and Joyce's tenures. Certainly on none of them did the crew have anything to do with the problem at all, though as usual they are left to pick up the pieces.