PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Lyneham - Brize rumour?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 23:25
vernon99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mismanagement of public funds

I think there is a strong case to bring back the Spanish Inquisition(fluffy cushions ala Monty P not required).

It should be an offence to waste tax payers money, all government departments have managers and they should be held accountable for what is spent, and why. Non of this not me gov, non of this gross waste of cash at the end of the tax year in case they reduce next years budget, if you as a manager authorise (for example) the purchase of new office chairs at £800 a go, you had better have a very good reason why you did not buy the £100 office chairs, let alone why you are buying new chairs yet again(sound familiar?)

In this instance the senior officers/civil servants that swept aside all the valid points re lack of single/married quarters and pushed ahead regardless together with those that have subsequently continued with and authorised this gross waste of public funds should face criminal charges of wasting taxpayers money.

I would hope that after a couple of high profile trials, we would see the cost of running government drop dramatically, as the chinless wonders, sorry management realise it is not their money to waste and the consequences of wasting it are not worth it. Simple yes, effective yes, but would the government ever have the guts to bring out such a law?