PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Lufthansa Companies hiring Ready Entries from 2011
Old 15th Aug 2011, 15:33
julien1763

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone here,

I will shortly describe my experience with German language. I decided last year to quit my job in a small french airline and take some fresh air in Germany (to learn the language and have this experience before I turn 30, as I was a volunteer in an organisation). I left France beginning october and arrived in a very small place in south Germany near Constance lake-Bodensee. My previous contact with the language was merely more than doing a cd based method. I attended 2 german courses during my time there (all paid for by my organisation, of course) on top of my work in a german school as a french language assistant. After 3 months, my german was already enough for short conversations (better understanding than speaking), after 6 months it was quite fluent and now it is fluent. My last language course was a B1+ language course and I had the level required for that (I assume my level is about B2+ now, which I should certify with a diploma). My time in Germany finished at the end of July, I have to specify that the accent in that part of Germany is quite different to the others but I kept most of my french accent as it is cute (so they say anyway).
About german grammar, I have to say it is not easy, but if, like me you are motivated, you'll make it!
If you need any more info, then ask!

Now I am in for the DLH Cityline selection process, as it is the only airline in the LH pool that has no sight requirement...

Question:
What is the best for me to prepare for the DLR test?

Danke sehr, I appreciate!