PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 19:50
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What is funny is the press releases that are stretching the truth to say the least.

Qantas swamped with passenger complaints over pilots' gripes | Herald Sun

Frequent flyer of Qld Posted at 9:09 PM August 14, 2011 As a platinum flyer I support the pilots in the current dispute. They are the only good thing happening in the business.
Grey Posted at 4:21 PM August 14, 2011I for one am not swallowing this spin from the Qantas PR department. Show us the proof of passengers complaining. The Qantas Pilots website is transparent with an open discussion board but tellingly the Qantas PR website is not. Why not Q?This omission speaks volumes about their supposed facts.
James Lodge Posted at 2:44 PM August 14, 2011 That is not the feedback the pilots are getting from the passengers. Perhaps before printing the Qantas media release you should contact the other party for a balanced coverage.
James Cameron of Sydney Posted at 11:59 AM August 14, 2011When will people realize that this dispute is not about pay?
JohnK Posted at 11:30 AM August 14, 2011I think this article should have the title "Qantas swamped with passenger complaints about poor service." This is just Qantas propaganda. I have been on Qantas flights where passengers clapped the pilot's announcement. There seems to be overwhelming support for the pilots. I want a Qantas pilot flying my Qantas plane. I support the pilots in their dispute.
whereas the 'inundation' of complaints on twitter on the last few days at

Twitter
has gone something like
LeighLiving Leigh Livingstone

@QantasAirways Now flights at over $200 more than when I started and error msgs still happening. Poor tactics Qantas. Might go with AirNZ

10 Aug
NickJDalton Nick

.@QantasAirways won't let me do online check in. #rage.

10 Aug
thebeercellar Colin Hession

@QantasAirways you guys cancelled a Dublin to London leg of a dublin to Perth flight, what's the story, no notification, what's the story!!

10 Aug
LusciousLani Luscious Lani @

@QantasAirways about your phone lines - why does it take so long to get through to a human? I can never get through in emergencies.

11 Aug
Katy_Potaty Katy Potaty

If you're on a @QantasAirways flight & your pink case doesn't show up at Destination, it's on tarmac at Sydney! twitpic.com/64kglc

12 Aug
marniehobbs Marnie Hobbs

@QantasAirways you are a joke! Cancelled flight few hrs frm departure. Can't change online & now on hold over 30min to a 1300 (costing me $)

16 hours ago
ETC

I'm looking back over the last week and can't find a single complaint about pilot PA's directed to @QantasAirways

Now @JetstarAirways on the other hand, the latest tweet
choox75 james spiropoulos @

@JetstarAirways it should be renamed #****star

19 hours ago
the first of many, many tweets of a similar tone.

So once again, the truth is lost in search of a headline. From where I sit, based upon the opinion of real people that is transparently visible and on the public record, the PR battle is hardly in the corporate court.

Maybe those complaints are from the 'strategy' consultants Bain&Co on their free travel, or maybe their lawyers at Allens Arthur Robinson, or maybe their accountants at KPMG, or maybe their Jetstar flight or cabin crew positioning in Qantas J class to their next port. Maybe it was from a director on one of their many FREE flights they get per year which is an otherwise exorbitant claim by staff not in the corporate level.

Maybe its just something corporate types will never 'get', they don't understand life at the ground level. Like the rich snobs in London wondering why the massively unemployed totally disenfranchised underclass just went bezerk. The fact that statements are released to the media as fact playing an entire country for a bunch of idiots whose thought process is controllable shows what contempt those at the top of the corporate circle jerk/matey matey 'you can be a director on my board and I can be a director on your board' have for the mere plebs who work for them.

The latest QGS offer of ramp staff proves this.
"want to work terrible hours which aren't guaranteed with **** pay ? click 'apply now'!"