PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PER ATC - Worst in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 08:16
Sequencer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreaming.............

Is it just me or are PER ATC losing the plot?
Nah its all about controller amusement!! If only we could find out who you fly for we can have a few more laughs. I know your the only aircraft in the sky but there's coffee to drink and donuts to eat.

Spread the schedules, 60 a hour doesn't work, departing or arriving. Before the current WIP, 40 (deparures & arrivals) an hour would be moved on a regular basis. Not as good as the single runway holy grail Gatwick but geez we're only a hick country town.

COMPLIANCE!! ATC shouldn't have to punish the naughty boys, if you don't comply, suffer. You may get an enroute delay but if everyone did the right thing it would be minimised. Do the right thing, I must be dreaming.....

Taxi slot rage, love it. Remember 60 doesn't go into an hour in hicksville. Its a crude tool but it helps us and you, trust me, better than taking an hour from taxi to airborne. You might not like the alternative, get a time (not a block), miss it and its back to the end of the conga line for you.

Pilots need to help themselves, many do the right thing but there is always a big percentage that try it on. And they are the ones they need to be chased for incorrect readbacks, take forever to get off the runway (high speeds wouldn't help them) go slow when made number 1 and go fast when made number 2. It's amazing how the same aircraft from the same company can be flown so different.

WAC have been caught with their pants down but are trying to catch up, maybe too little too late but they are spending money. The real fault was the privatisation of the airport in the first place. No point building a parallel runway (not so sure the traffic warrants it anyway) until the terminal situation is sorted, too many runway crossings already.

Meanwhile keep it up, I need a good laugh when at work.