PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PER ATC - Worst in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 01:39
higherplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big problem with these PTL's is that we can't often make them on return to PER as we were delay 30 - 60 minutes off STD due to the morning taxi slot times.

We have two options the government regulates and tells FIFO that they cannot all come and go at the same time or a substantial amount of Julia's mining tax gets spent on upgrading EVERYTHING at and around Perth.

I don't think it's fair to tell FIFO that they can't come and go when they want. That's akin to telling the work force in Perth CBD that they can no longer all drive to and from the city in peak hour. So that leaves a massive infrastructure upgrade.

First and foremost a parallel runway for 21/03 (and none of the crap about WAC already having sold all the land, have a look down next time you fly over, the only thing in the way is a big car park and some go cart track). This may seem a bit pie in the sky, however I don't think it would be hard to get the majority of politicians on side as they all do a lot of flying and would get caught up in this holding on a regular basis.

At the same time as this a major rework of the taxi ways as to incorporate high speed taxiways, on the existing runways. I appreciate that this would cost a large fortune however it's nothing compared to the dollars FIFO are pulling out of the ground and it's them that are causing this massive spike in demand at PER so make some good use of this mining tax.

There are already plans to upgrade all the road intersections around PER. So at least we will be able to get to the airport so we can hurry up and wait.

Finally enough is enough. Pearce was fine back in the day, but now it's ridiculous. Their airspace needs to be the same size as Jandakot's and the can have a little corridor to Gingin and another out to their airspace over the ocean. Get rid of all that airspace near to the north of Pearce. We are not a war. When we are they can have whatever they want. There's plenty of room to train up at Learmonth if they want to do it over land. If they ever need to defend anything in the country they are going to be flying out of that base looking after our gas so why not get used to the place while you are training! I have a lot or respect RAAF but they don't have and real schedule it doesn't matter when and where their training happens.

Finally once we actually have a world class airport we match the airspace to is so we can have realistic number of arrivals and departures per hour.