PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PER ATC - Worst in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 01:12
Monopole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a service that relies on a third party, finite resource, RWY space
NB, I think most of us understand that, and that's why most of us don't blame the guys/girls on the other end of the radio. Although I admit that the questioning sometimes sounds a little unjust.

Maybe we need to go a step further. Rather than airlines submitting their schedules each night as a wish list
Maybe it could be staggered by issuing departure slots ex Perth the night before. The current taxi system is also cheated. If the 'system' knows we are arriving, surely it could also know when we depart. I have hard that the morning rush (between 6 and 8) is at around 53 movements an hour. On the current single Rwy op, thats a higher rate than Gatwick.....

It would be an interesting exercise to work out how much delays cost the airlines and then work out what you cold get by spending the same upgraging the airport.
Im sure if the right people asked, every company will be able to produce the costs. I believe WAC actually did ask for this in the last meeting. I would be interested in knowing the results too.

Spread the FIFO ops over 7 days rather than mid-week clusters
missy, your preaching to the preachers.

But what can the operational ATC do to give you a better service? Everyone wants the most efficient service, nobody wants to be number two in a dead heat
Blockla, probably nothing, but as I said above, most people understand this. Based on NBs figures above, anyone scheduled on the tail end of the sequence, will always be shafted by at least an hour. Maybe this will eventually be enough for the Mining companies to change the schedule out of Perth by an hour. Surely that will relieve the system a bit. But in any case, I would be happy to be number 2 or 3 or 4