PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Flight BHX ~ Funchal, rough cost?
Old 12th Aug 2011, 16:16
sharmatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charter Flight BHX ~ Funchal, rough cost?

first off, apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I'm a Birmingham city fan, and I've seen a website offering flights to Funchal (for the Europa League game on thursday) for £109 return (incl taxes)! most flights we had seen previously were around £300 each way.

this seems to be a bit of a con, (the website is atrocious, amateur and they only take paypal payments!) and me and the guys on the blues forum were debating the likelihood of being able to charter a flight between BHX and Funchal at this price.

On another aviation forum I've read that a 737 can be chartered for around £3000 per wet hour, which might make it possible to sell tickets at £109 pp? they also stated that a late night/early morning charter flight from an airline that operates already at those airports (to lower ground handling costs) would be cheaper to charter and make this operation viable?

I was hoping some of the fine PPRUNE minds might be able to give me a more accurate idea of if this is a scam or not. People are already buying tickets from this website, we are hoping if it is a scam to get it closed down before too many people lose money.

cheers in advance.