PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Somali pirates caught by Russian Navy
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 18:33
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find this quote very interesting indeed:

"Nobody was shot in cold blood. If they had been then it would indeed be murder and I wouldn't like to be the next Russian crewman to be captured by a Somali pirate.

Sorry to satiate your pathetic blood lust."

I wonder if anyone has told the Russians this?
From my own living memory, as well as factual history (but not of the openly discussed kind) I don't think anyone has told the Russians about this 'murder' business, as they have shot/killed quite a few in cold blood (including their own civilians and military).
It must be great to live in fluffy-land, where quoting soft Western morals is supposed to change the way that things have/do happen in real life.

This attitude reminds me of the many protests I see in the UK about third world or Middle Eastern leaders.....I am always bemused why these 'die hard' protesters have meetings in my pretty safe country with its democracy, freedom of speech and unarmed police....Why don't they protest in the country they are accusing of all kinds of nasty business!.....

EDITED TO ADD: Of course I can't personally say if anyone WAS or WAS NOT shot in cold blood, as I was not actually there