PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Pilots heading to Botswana
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 17:45
Vuka Nkuzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I am not looking for a free meal. I am not a Pan African. I was making reference to the Australian system where professional licenses are protected by the CAA depending on the real need, that is never, to import validated pilots into Australia. I think there should be more strict controls in force to benefit all SADC pilots from all fifteen countries with no question of color or ethnic variation. There are some bad assed white pilots in South Africa and some really bad black ones in Kenya. No one wants to fly with any of them even if they are pinko on their inside. What we do not want is SADC infiltrated with British and Irish seasonal pilots when there are local guys on a career path and that is the sort of thing that should be pressured on the government and aviation authorities. I would like to see a government fact sheet outlining the benefit to the Botswana economy of charter companies at all levels and also Okavango tourism as a trade off against the ecology. That is because on a personal ecological level, I would like to see the Okavango returned to the wilderness of nature it once was like the Tanzania Selous. So you could say that I am against tourism unless it is of proven financial value to the economy at all levels and that the financial impact of it cannot be replaced as by another diamond mine.