PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dictators of the Skies?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 12:40
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai air force

I think what the video discusses is very much real and credible. As EK continues to expand, you will find more govts wary of the NKOTB eventually leading to some co-ordinated action. Bullying tactics might work in UAE but it's a whole new game out there ....let's wait and see.

Here in India, there's growing media focus on the middle eastern carriers growth at the cost of Indian airline businesses.Limiting flying rights of flydubai into India was one of the outcomes of this pressure from the media .EK cant land a widebody on a 6000 ft runway in say patna/rajkot/jammu/raipur etc ...so their idea was to get the sister , no unrelated flydubai to get the passengers out of these smaller Indian airports. I hope the Federation of Indian Airlines(FIA) and other aviation bodies apply increased pressure to reverse this situation and allow professional Indian carriers like Indigo, Jet, Kf, Spice etc . to grow in a fair aviation friendly environment .

While our govt. is at fault for the skewed aviation policies that affect Indian airline companies , I'm sure the ME airlines would have a role to play in the rule making /policies of the govt. Recently, the economic times in India called Emirates the national airline of India purely based on it's frequency of flights from/to India.

In spite of our govt, there are a few Indian carriers that can give EK a run for their money in the years to come, interesting times ahead maybe????

masalama.