PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 09:00
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dornoch, Plockton and Broadford are OK although I haven't seen anyone fueling for ages but then again there is nobody around to stop you.

As for HAIL INV it used to be OK as long as you didn't do it over grass or tarmac but if they did it on the concrete it was OK. Now everything has to go through the RVP I don't have a clue.

I suspect that someone has been given the job of getting the HAZMAT data sheet folder going or up to date. And instead of just going to ask the refueler for there COSH they have been doing an internet search to find them. When they have done this they have pulled up this little gem from AirBP.

Realistically I haven't seen any instances of accidents due to mogas refueling in the UK. And there arn't aircraft dropping out the sky using it.

I can understand that there will be restrictions on where you are allowed to refuel this is due to SEPA more than anything else on grass and stopping the tarmac rotting if spills occur on that.

But then again the airport can't dictate what the aero club does on its own leased ground. Especially when they have so many years of precidence of safely using mogas.