PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta
Thread: Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 23:51
NorthernGoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in no means coming to the defense of Batavia Airlines, but within indonesia there are alot of problems. Some pilots will work well with one company and bad with another. If your going to indonesia to make a career out of it then yes I'll have to agree batavia isn't an airline to settle down with. That being said there are alot of pilots I know in Batavia, Sriwijaya, Susi air, Lion air, Merpati, Garuda who don't have many complaints about their situation and are content logging some hours and moving on. If you go into those airlines with a stubborn bad attitude they will treat you just as that. Some you will go into with a smile and optimism and they will still treat you terribly its how airlines in general have a tendancy of operating, especially in Indonesia. My suggest is for anyone going to Indonesia to do your homework in person and access everything through your own eyes. Like I said Susi Air is a perfect example of almost pure disregard on the forums yet ex susi pilots of talked to really didn't have alot to complain about. Indonesia is interesting, be ready for anything.