PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dictators of the Skies?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 17:06
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say he is 100% correct.

No such thing as fair competition
Umm I don't know if you understand the definition of competition, but heres the oxford concise version..

"noun
  • the activity or condition of competing:there is fierce competition between banks at this conservatory, competition for admissions is stiff
  • an event or contest in which people compete:a beauty competition
  • [in singular] the person or people with whom one is competing, especially in a commercial or sporting arena; the opposition:I walked around to check out the competition"
So first things first, competition isn't about leveling the playing field, nor is it about being fair. It all boils down to using every little advantage you posses to be better than those you are competing against.
Air Canada have used their own advantages i.e. political clout, the home advantage, fear of the big bad M/E airlines etc to win this round of competition, much it must be said to the detriment of the Canadian traveling public.
This interview merely reinforces my view that Air Canada has absolutely NO intention of doing anything other than continuing on with business as usual, after all why shouldn't they?
Protectionism in a globalized world doesn't work anymore and ultimately the consumers will vote with their feet.
If anyone was in any doubt about the type of journalism involved here, go and watch the way Faux news (its on OSN)do it to give you a good clue as to the blinkered misinformation on offer.
What a load of utter bollocks.